Town School for Boys is committed to attracting and creating a school community that reflects the diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area. We value the inclusion of families with a broad range of economic diversity understanding that they enhance the educational experience and the culture of the school for all constituents. Through our Tuition Assistance Program, we endeavor to help families of economic diversity who embrace the school's mission with financial support to meet the cost of a Town School education.The tuition for the 2018-19 school year is:
Grades 1 – 5 returning students - $34,325
Grades 6 – 8 and all students new to the school - $35,525
For the 2017-18 school year Town School has allocated $1,825,984 to K-8 families who demonstrated need. Nineteen percent of the student body received some form of tuition assistance. How To Apply For Tuition Assistance By January 15
By February 15
- File your completed Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) directly with the School and Student Services (SSS). All SSS forms are available at http://sss.nais.org/parents/
- Please complete only one PFS if you're applying to other Bay Area independent schools
- The Town School for Boys code is 7708
Submit the following supplemental financial records to the SSS:
- Copy of your current federal income tax return (Form 1040). For example, by February 15, 2017, please submit your 2016 tax return.
- Copy of all current supplemental income tax schedules W2s and 1099s
- Business/Farm Financial Statement (if applicable)
The School and Student Services website (SSS)
is a service used by independent schools across the country to help assess a family's ability to pay for independent school tuition. The form is generally available by November 1st, for applications due January 15th.