Town School for Boys is committed to attracting and creating a school community that reflects the diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area. We value the inclusion of families with a broad range of economic diversity understanding that they enhance the educational experience and the culture of the school for all constituents.The tuition for the 2018-19 school year is $35,525
Tuition covers lunch, snack, technology use across the grades, books, activity fees, field trips and outdoor education trips.
Through our Tuition Assistance Program, we endeavor to help families from a range of financial means meet the cost of a Town School education. Given the cost of living in the Bay Area, we encourage families considering assistance to apply; families of varying financial means qualify for a range of tuition assistance. Applying for Tuition Assistance is confidential and will not affect your application to Town School.
Tuition Assistance grants cover tuition, after school programs, educational support and other school-related expenses. Tuition assistance funds are also used to ensure every family has equal access to all Town School activities including athletics, special events and parent programs.
Town School works closely with families who do not qualify for Tuition Assistance to help determine the payment plan that best suits that family’s needs.
For the 2018-19 school year Town School has allocated $1,825,984 to K-8 families who demonstrated need. Eighteen percent of the student body received Tuition Assistance. How To Apply For Tuition Assistance By January 15
By February 15
- File your completed Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) directly with the School and Student Services (SSS). All SSS forms are available at http://sss.nais.org/parents/
- Please complete only one PFS if you're applying to other Bay Area independent schools
- The Town School for Boys code is 7708
Submit the following supplemental financial records to the SSS:
- Copy of your prior year federal income tax return (Form 1040). For example, by February 15, 2019, please submit your 2018 tax return.
- Copy of all current supplemental supplemental schedules to your Form 1040
- Copies of all W2s and 1099s
- Business/Farm Financial Statement (if applicable)
The School and Student Services website (SSS)
is a service used by independent schools across the country to help assess a family's ability to pay for independent school tuition. The form is generally available by November 1st, for applications due January 15th.